🎉 Welcome to our new Trend Micro Community! Explore the new look! Read More

Posted Sun, 12 May 2024 12:35:29 GMT by tm_joyce

Hi @wuthtmba,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

We're sorry to hear that this happened. For us to investigate this concern, may we know the following information

• iOS/Android version:
    • Mobile Security version:
    • Internet Provider: 
    • May I know what are the features turned on currently? 
    • Are you having the same issue when using a mobile security? 

Also, for the mobile security, the version should be 16.2.0.5211 for Android device and 11.2.1071 for iOS device. You may look at Play Store and App Store for update. 

Looking forward to your response. 

Posted Sun, 12 May 2024 15:07:26 GMT by tomnetsch

same thing is happening to me. I had to uninstall it from my device. 

Posted Sun, 12 May 2024 20:08:56 GMT by wuthtmba

Can I uninstall Trend Micro from my network but leave it on my device

Posted Mon, 13 May 2024 02:40:51 GMT by tm_ace

Hi @wuthtmba ,

Yes that would be possible. but, that would mean  some features of your Mobile Security will be turned off.

Have you tried updating to the latest version?

If same thing happens, try removing the mobile security from the network, remove it from the VPN configurations, offload and reinstall the app.

Try setting up the features once again and see if you will have the same issue.

Let us know.

Posted Wed, 15 May 2024 00:33:07 GMT by wuthtmba

I have tried so many things - forget this device, remove from network, turn off network device, turn on again - checked for latest version, turn off WiFi on my phone - nothing worked - my phone still getting an error message to say This Deivce is not allowed to connect to the internet. 

TM network was also blocking my daughter from accessing her university site - although once I allowed her device, she was able to connect to other internet sites. 

So now I have turned off the Trend Micro device that was on my network and I still have TM on my phone and my computer

Both those devices are working perfectly again - so I think I;'ll leave it off - I am just a home user and I have TM protection on my devices. 

Would I be eligible for any refund on the network security - also I will have to turn off the auto renewal for the network security. 

Thank you, 

Claire 

Posted Thu, 16 May 2024 11:04:07 GMT by steveegg2002

Yep, same, same turns my phone into a brick when I leave the house no maps, no email, no weather….. have been deleting it when I’m going away for awhile and reinstalling it when I get home. When this subscription runs out I’m done with this junk.

Posted Thu, 16 May 2024 12:26:32 GMT by tm_chard

Hi @wuthtmba 

For clarification, can you please specify what Trend Micro product are you having problems with, is it Trend Micro Mobile Security or Trend Micro Home Network?

If it is the Home Network Security, try to do the following steps 

How to allow network access with Trend Micro Home Network Security | Trend Micro Help Center

Posted Thu, 16 May 2024 12:30:30 GMT by tm_chard

Hi @steveegg2002 

To further assist you with your concern, can you please clarify the following information

• iOS/Android version:
    • Trend Micro product used:
    • Trend Micro version:

Also make sure that the product is up to date.

Posted Thu, 16 May 2024 12:58:22 GMT by steveegg2002

IOS on mobile app

Posted Thu, 16 May 2024 22:07:38 GMT by tm_jam

Hi @steveegg2002 ,

Can you please verify if you are using the latest version of the Trend Micro mobile security app on your iOS device.

Posted Fri, 17 May 2024 00:06:17 GMT by steveegg2002

Yes I am, just reloaded the app after deleting it.

Posted Mon, 20 May 2024 00:29:42 GMT by tm_luisa

Hi @wuthtmba​,

For clarification, can you please confirm if you are on Optimal Mode? Also, please check if the device you are using is blocked on Settings.

Hope this helps.

Posted Mon, 20 May 2024 08:37:16 GMT by tm_joyce

Hi @steveegg2002​, 

We sent an email to your email address for us to conduct a callback to check what happened to your app and able to resolve it. 

Here's your case number: TM-3726442-R8Z3Q8. 

Posted Mon, 20 May 2024 09:02:25 GMT by tm_joyce

Hi @wuthtmba​,

We sent an email to your email address for us to conduct a callback to check what happened to your app and able to resolve it. 

Here's your case number: TM-3726468-S3G8J1

You must be signed in to post in this forum.