🎉 Welcome to our new Trend Micro Community! Explore the new look! Read More

Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2024 08:17:35 GMT by tm_joyce

Hi @guyebromley, @candl, @famillefredcolin, @rossco08, @frank_vk6kfd, @laurawatson81, @wledan, @jim4398e7, @ianhelena3 and @iabonde1961

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

Our team has rolled out the newest version of Mobile Security. Kindly update your app to version 11.2.1071 and verify if the issue has been resolved.

Hope this helps. 

Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2024 09:13:15 GMT by ianhelena3

I have contacted Trend and down loaded the trend mobile security updated app and all is good now .

Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2024 09:16:33 GMT by ianhelena3

Spoke to Trend down load the updatedTrend mobile security app and all will be good .

Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2024 18:39:36 GMT by tm_helen

Hi @ianhelena3,

We appreciate you confirming this. Thank you!

Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2024 21:57:50 GMT by iabonde1961

Thank you for your help.  I have updated the app and just tried to use the phone on mobile data and it seems to be working so far.  Thank you very much for fixing it as it was becoming very annoying.  Thank you cheers Ingrid

Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2024 22:38:58 GMT by tm_ella

Hi @iabonde1961,

We appreciate your feedback and we'll make sure to continue to improve our products. Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to post your concern on this channel. 

Posted Fri, 28 Jun 2024 08:04:00 GMT by janiceb

I am having the same issue with iPad mini (6th generation)and iPhone XR and like most others have now had to turn VPN off so that I can access anything. Strangely, it will let me access Facebook and Instagram but nothing else unless I switch off the VPN. 

Posted Sun, 30 Jun 2024 18:40:27 GMT by janiceb

@tm_chard​ definitely running the latest version and problem persists. 

Posted Mon, 01 Jul 2024 02:05:01 GMT by tm_ace

Hi @janicebeard ,

Can you try to set up the VPN configuration of mobile security once again?

Go to the Settings app > General > VPN & Device Management > remove or uninstall the VPN configuration of Mobile Security/WebGuard

Then restart your device > open the Mobile Security Application > set up web guard once more.

Let me know if that worked.

Posted Mon, 01 Jul 2024 03:12:12 GMT by janicebeard

@tm_ace the instructions you have provided don’t seem to be relevant to either my mobile version or my desktop version. In settings there is not the path that you have given me to follow. The only other thing I have tried is completely uninstalling it from both mobile devices and reinstalling and the issue still persists. Not really much point in continuing to purchase it when it won’t let me even surf the net. 

Posted Mon, 01 Jul 2024 05:00:02 GMT by Allen Malapit (TS-PH)

Hi @janicebeard,

Can you please try to check the steps below on how you can set up Trend Micro Mobile Security's VPN Configuration again on your device?

1. Go to the "Settings" app.
  2. Scroll down and tap "General."
  3. Go to "VPN & Device Management" or just "VPN."
  4. Find Trend Micro Mobile Security and tap the information icon (an 'i' in a circle) next to it.
  5. Tap "Delete VPN" at the bottom of the screen and confirm that you want to delete the VPN configuration of Trend Micro Mobile Security.
  6. Restart your Device.
  7. Open Trend Micro Mobile Security and try to turn on Web Guard.

Once Web Guard is turned on again, can you please check if your connection will improve?

Hope this helps!

Posted Mon, 01 Jul 2024 06:37:59 GMT by janicebeard

@tm_Waj @tm_vlad 

Thanks for the recommendations and for clarifying the instructions relating to the phone settings not App settings. I have done exactly what you have asked here and issue still persists. 
It makes absolutely no difference, super frustrating and pointless having to turn VPN off to be able to access Safari or any other items on the mobile devices apart from FB or Insta which is even more baffling. 

1. Open the main settings on your iPad Mini or iPhone XR.
  2. Tap on General.
  3. Scroll down and look for VPN & Device Management.
  4. Tap VPN.
  5. Next to Web Guard Protection, tap the i icon and then delete the VPN.

After deleting the VPN:

1. Open Mobile Security.
  2. Tap Web Guard.
  3. Allow the necessary permissions and check if the issue persists.
Posted Mon, 01 Jul 2024 20:23:29 GMT by tm_Waj

Hi @janicebeard 

We have sent a separate email to address your concern in more detail.

For your reference, here is the case number: TM-3802500-M4M6R4

Thank You!

Posted Fri, 13 Sep 2024 03:30:35 GMT by Theresa Walker
I also have this problem with my iPhone 15 pro and iPad Pro 11 inch despite doing all of the above on both devices.
I was trying to stream from an app using my mobile data (Optus Australia) and also the guest network of the hotel I am staying at. Didn’t work for either network. Can only Stream from the app if I turn the VPN off. Very annoying as we are on holiday. 

Posted Sun, 15 Sep 2024 02:50:45 GMT by Helen _TM
Hi Theresa Walker,

Please try to use one connection at a time. For example, use the mobile data only then turn off wifi then check if it works.

Let us know the result. 
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2024 08:25:36 GMT by Theresa Walker
I did only use one connection at a time- didn’t work with either. I missed the event I wanted to view and am now back home so this won’t be a problem until next time I’m away from home.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.