Hey there!

I'm currently facing a perplexing desktop dilemma, and I'm hoping some of you might have encountered a similar issue or could offer some valuable insights.

Recently, my desktop has been acting a bit peculiar, and I can't quite put my finger on the root cause. I've noticed a slowdown in performance, occasional freezes, and even some mysterious crashes. It's definitely been making my digital life a bit more challenging, and I'm eager to get to the bottom of it.

Here's a quick rundown of my Lenovo setup:

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • Hardware Specs:
    • Processor: Intel Core i7-9700
    • RAM: 16GB DDR4
    • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
    • Storage: 512GB SSD + 1TB HDD
  • Recent Changes:
    • Installed the latest Windows updates
    • Updated graphics card drivers
    • No recent hardware changes

Now, here are a few specific issues I've encountered:

1. Performance Issues: Applications that used to run smoothly are now taking longer to open, and there's a noticeable lag when switching between tasks.
  2. Freezing: My desktop occasionally freezes for a few seconds, especially when I have multiple applications open.
  3. Crashes: I've experienced a couple of unexplained crashes where the system just restarts on its own.

I've already tried a few troubleshooting steps like checking for malware, updating drivers, and monitoring system temperatures, but the problem persists.

So, community, I'm turning to you for help. Have any of you experienced similar issues with your desktops, and if so, how did you go about resolving them? Are there specific tools or diagnostic tests you would recommend? I'm open to any suggestions or insights you might have.

Let's pool our collective knowledge and tackle this issue together! Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.