Hi everyone,

With Memorial Day just around the corner, I’m on the hunt for some great deals on laptops and PCs. As a student, my budget is pretty tight, but I need a reliable machine for schoolwork, assignments, and some light gaming. I'm hoping to find something that balances performance and affordability.

What I’m Looking For:
Budget: Ideally under $1000, but can stretch a bit if the deal is exceptional.
Usage: Mostly for schoolwork (Word, Excel, online research), multimedia (watching lectures and movies), and light gaming.
Specs: Minimum 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, decent battery life, and a good screen (preferably FHD).
Preferred Brands:
Lenovo
ASUS
Acer
Open to suggestions if there’s a killer deal on another brand
Questions:
What are the best places to look for Memorial Day deals? I’m thinking of checking Amazon, Best Buy, and directly on the manufacturer’s websites. Any other suggestions?
Are there specific models that you recommend for my needs? I’ve heard good things about the Lenovo and HP Envy series.
Should I wait for Memorial Day itself or are the deals just as good leading up to the day? I’ve seen some early deals, but I’m wondering if they’ll get better.
Student discounts or bundles? Are there any special discounts for students that I should be aware of? Some companies offer student pricing or bundles with software that could be really useful.
Early Deals I’ve Found:
Lenovo IdeaPad 3: $479 on Amazon – 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel i3
Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated! If anyone else is also looking for a laptop or PC, feel free to share what you’ve found or ask questions here. Let’s help each other out to snag the best deals this Memorial Day!

Thanks in advance!

Best,