I have two systems.  My old desktop runs Windows 7; my laptop runs Windows 11.  Trend Micro Platinum is installed on both, but the version installed on old Windows 7 system had to be patched in order to function.  I run scans everyday on both.  I was using the Windows 7 desktop to visit the Kroger website to fill out a survey and earn "gas points".  The normal link for that was not working, so I did a google search and carelessly clicked on a similar link.  It "froze" my system and directed me to call "Microsoft Security" for help.  The "help" consisted of trying to get me to download things to analyze the problem, which I did, after a fashion.  They said my network was infected.  I talked to my son (who was on the same network), and he determined it was a hack.  My question is why did Trend Micro fail to detect it, either before hand or hours later when I tested it again.  It was apparently a malware site made to resemble the link that Kroger had been using.  Kroger had apparently modified their link.

I've taken appropriate precautions to protect my credit cards and banking, etc. but I thought I should share this with you.  I can provide additional details if needed.