🎉 Welcome to our new Trend Micro Community! Explore the new look! Read More

Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2024 22:51:25 GMT by cathyandjon

I am suspicious about this "43 unprotected passwords" notification.  It's BS - I do not store any passwords.  Where are these passwords that are unprotected?  It just seems you want me to save them with your system and have me pay for something I don't need.  Please advise how I locate all these unprotected passwords.  It seems random - sometimes there are no such passwords!

Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2024 01:16:34 GMT by tm_klariz

Hi @cathyandjon,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community,

I understand your concern about the notification regarding "43 unprotected passwords." This message typically refers to passwords saved in your web browser or other applications that may not be securely stored. Even if you don't intentionally save passwords, many browsers and apps do so automatically unless you disable the feature.

To locate and manage these passwords:

1. Check Your Web Browser Settings: Most browsers (like Chrome, Firefox, Safari) have a section where you can view saved passwords. Look for "Passwords" or "Security" settings in your browser's menu.

2. Password Management Apps: If you use password management software, check if there are any entries marked as unprotected.

3. Review Applications: Some applications may save passwords locally. Check settings or preferences within these apps for any saved passwords.

Hope this helps.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.