🚨 Trend Micro Community is undergoing maintenance. You can still view existing posts, but posting new ones may not be possible.
Need help with your Trend Micro product?Visit Trend Micro Help Center.

Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2024 20:34:21 GMT by claudiu botezatu
TM updates 10 min after boot.

If you use the PC 5-7 min per session ( check emails early morning oe after work) you can end up without updates for weeks

The update time is set in registries (600 sec). Simply changing it to 90 sec will update TM 1.5 min after boot.

Seems, logical, practical, easy to implement.

Still stubborn developers refused to   change anything.
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2024 02:43:23 GMT by Ma. Klariz Joy of Trend Micro
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the software update timing. We appreciate your insight and we'll see to it that it will be communicated to the development team for consideration. User experience is important to us and we’re always looking for ways to improve our processes.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2024 11:24:30 GMT by claudiu botezatu

"it will be communicated to the development team"

Don't bother.... I mentioned this several times in the last 2-3 years , nobody moved a finger.

I just gave up and modify the registry myself ....

Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2024 15:35:09 GMT by David davevt31
Still at it I see.  The actual program itself hasn't changed in a few years, I remember beta testing the 17.8 platform a few years ago and we are still at 17.8
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2024 00:54:38 GMT by claudiu botezatu
For whoever is interested go to this reg. key:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\UniClient\0\Scheduler\VizorUpdateTask_1

and modify "Delay" from 600 to 60-90sec

Exit TM first!!!!
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2024 12:40:48 GMT by Rochelle Mae tm_rochelle
Hi, 

Thank you for your feedback regarding your request. I appreciate your input and will definitely pass it along to our development team. We’ll evaluate its feasibility for future updates. Stay tuned for any news, and feel free to reach out if you have more suggestions. 

Thank you and have a great day.

Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2024 21:36:03 GMT by
@claudiu botezatu  Excelent point and thank you for the answer to the problem.

It would be good if the developers simply added a setting in the Advanced menu that enabled those with limited Windows Knowledge (like myself) to change the setting as desired.
Like many that frequent these forums i do not poses the IT knowledge that enables me to follow the instructions given on forums, Yes I have a firm knowledge on how to use a Computer as I have been Administering them for many years, however like Many Older Australians I do not devote my life to Programming (or editing the Registry) as I trust the programs I purchase to be coded correctly to enable correct functionality for all users

Thank you for allowing My soap box

You must be signed in to post in this forum.