🎉 Welcome to our new Trend Micro Community! Explore the new look! Read More

Posted Mon, 05 Aug 2024 07:12:04 GMT by redrug

So, if I have a problem  with any of your new systems or purchases, I will not be getting any answers from your company tech team, I will need to post my problem on the 'Community' board/website to get an answer from someone who is less informed on how to fix it???

If that is your new vision, 'engaging environment for all members' in a 'communal chat room' is not the reason I buy your programs. I buy them because of the reliability that I came to trust with my computers - not to 'get to know someone' whom I would rather not...

Thanks for the warning. I may have to buy my programs elsewhere now.
Posted Mon, 05 Aug 2024 09:16:54 GMT by lfougere

@redrug​ I agree with what you have said.  I do not want to get solutions to an issue I have with a problem from a shared community, I want to communicate with a technician not someone who is part of the Community with suggestions on how to solve my issue.  My subscription is due in November and I may be seeking another company than can offer Tech direct solving of my issue. not from someone who has solved an  issue themselves.  This is very disappointing Trend Micro :(

Posted Mon, 05 Aug 2024 11:05:17 GMT by alangr7

I also agree and I will be searching for an alternative immediately. 

Posted Mon, 05 Aug 2024 11:25:17 GMT by ginad2171

I agree as well.

Please describe the changes in full detail & how our issues will be solved by actually technicians.

Posted Mon, 05 Aug 2024 13:11:48 GMT by markjenk

Did I miss something in the announcement? Where did it say we would no longer be able to get technical support from paid technicians? This community is nothing new it has existed for a long time, but use of it, as I understand it, is completely voluntary. 

Posted Mon, 05 Aug 2024 15:08:21 GMT by wendylovesme59

Will these changes accommodate Windows 10 or can it be used with Windows 10?

Posted Tue, 06 Aug 2024 01:16:57 GMT by tm_karl

Hi @redrug, @lfougere, @alangr7, @ginad2171, @markjenk,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

The community forum will remain a place for discussion, feedback, and sharing ideas with fellow users and Trend Micro Experts.

We appreciate your understanding and patience as we work to improve our community space.

Posted Tue, 06 Aug 2024 01:32:12 GMT by tm_karl

Hi @wendylovesme59,

You’ll still be able to access and use the Community just as you did before, including on Windows 10.

As stated on the Migration Overview, some of the changes are New Community URL and Profile Information Transfer, so you shouldn’t experience any issues with your current setup.

Hope this helps!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.