🎉 Welcome to our new Trend Micro Community! Explore the new look! Read More

Posted Fri, 05 Jul 2024 01:18:37 GMT by tm_Waj

Hi @iandtudor 

Welcome to Trend Micro Users Community!

There might still be some remnants causing it to be detected. To completely remove these remnants, check all folders and subfolders on your Mac. Also, look for folders named after the publisher of the PUA. Use the file path provided by Trend Micro to find and delete any remaining files.

You can also check this link Encountering 'Threat: PUA.MacOS.Tuneupmac.PFH; Unable to Quarantine' in Antivirus for Mac Scan Results | Trend Micro Help Center

Hope This helps!  

Posted Sat, 06 Jul 2024 08:00:18 GMT by tjanderson

I have the same problem with the exact same file

Posted Sat, 06 Jul 2024 08:01:23 GMT by tjanderson

I have the exact same problem. It has happened today and I cannot delete the files. It is password protected. What is going on?

Posted Sat, 06 Jul 2024 16:26:22 GMT by tm_z

Hi @tjanderson ,

Welcome to Trend Micro Users Community!

Like what's mentioned above, remnants of previously removed program might still be on your computer. To completely remove these, kindly look for folders and subfolders named after the publisher of the detected PUA by using the file path provided by the detection of Trend Micro.

You may also refer to this solution article for more reference: Encountering 'Threat: PUA.MacOS.Tuneupmac.PFH; Unable to Quarantine' in Antivirus for Mac Scan Results | Trend Micro Help Center

Hope this helps!

Posted Sat, 06 Jul 2024 20:58:15 GMT by tjanderson

You can't remove the file if it is password protected by a third party. You don't seem to understand!

Posted Sat, 06 Jul 2024 21:13:05 GMT by iandtudor

Unfortunately it’s in an active app on my MacBook, so it’s not what you think it is

Posted Sat, 06 Jul 2024 21:19:27 GMT by tm_Waj

Hi @tjanderson 

You can try switching to Safe Mode, as it can sometimes prevent the PUA from running, making it easier to remove. While in Safe Mode, try to manually locate and delete the problematic files.

Hope this helps!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.