🎉 Welcome to our new Trend Micro Community! Explore the new look! Read More

Posted Wed, 01 May 2024 22:41:33 GMT by woodsro0

Hi,

My Trend Micro product does not update automatically. I have tried uninstalling it, reinstalling it, it simply will not automatically update. I left my computer on for 5 days with a stable broadband Comcast connection, and no open programs and it is happy to sit with updates 5 days old and trigger Windows Security Center that its out of date. I have to manually update the program to get updates. 

Is there anyway to make this program update automatically? At this point id settle for a script I can schedule to run the update task periodically. Im at my wits end with this, and i really like the program, but if it never updates on its own i don't know what to do. 

Im running the latest version of Windows 11, all updates and Trend Micro is the only security program, on the computer, Defender is disabled. Any help i could get would be appreciated. Thank you!

Posted Sun, 05 May 2024 02:12:07 GMT by tm_ace

Hi @claudiubotezatu 

The "DEDICATED INSTALLER" (C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Titanium\Remove.exe) is a component of the Trend Micro Diagnostic Tool kit. a support tool that allows you to perform other functions such as:

• log collection
  • stopping/starting the Trend Micro components
  • disabling certain features/modules
  • information about the software like version, SPUIN GUID, etc.    

As for the "DEDICATED UNINSTALL TOOL" (C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Titanium\SupportTool.exe) is the Trend Micro Diagnostic Tool Kit itself.

Remove.exe is a command-line tool that helps remove the software from the computer.

Now, this was programmed to get rid of the Trend Micro folders and related files on specific file paths including registry paths.

But in some occasions, automatic deletion of a folder/file may fail due to administrative privileges of the profile, file currently being used by a program, or something else.

This is why in some cases, manual deletion of these files and registry paths are required just so the user can perform and meet the conditions needed to delete them.

Manually checking those paths can also be optionally performed after using the Diagnostic Tool Kit to ensure that the computer has been freed of any possible Trend Micro remnants.

I hope this explanation is clear enough, avoiding any impression of a boilerplate answer.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.