🎉 Welcome to our new Trend Micro Community! Explore the new look! Read More

Posted Mon, 20 May 2024 19:43:06 GMT by tm_ace

Hi @claudiubotezatu ,

Thanks for pointing this out.

The UI terminologies of the software has been that way for a long time and the developers have a reason why they chose those terminologies. but we'll take note of your concern.

One reason why the "Release Date" shows the date where the components were updated/installed instead of when the components were actually released was for the user if ever they wish to monitor these information.

In this way, they can track when did they had a successful update and which components were included on the update.

Posted Mon, 20 May 2024 20:11:39 GMT by davevt31

Then you should change the UI to say Installation Date.

Posted Mon, 20 May 2024 20:30:31 GMT by claudiubotezatu

@tm_ace​ 

"One reason why the "Release Date" shows the date where the components were updated/installed instead of when the components were actually released was for the user if ever they wish to monitor these information."

Or another reason is not to have the users concerned when they see something released 6 months ago....

I have a laptop with most of the components "released" in Dec 2023

Posted Mon, 20 May 2024 21:01:06 GMT by tm_ace

@claudiubotezatu 

"Or another reason is not to have the users concerned when they see something released 6 months ago..."

You can take it that way. But again, going back to what you pointed out.

"Released Date" will show the date it got installed. In other words, users will be looking at the date those components were "Released" in their devices.

Also, is it possible to see a screenshot of the "About the software" page and top-to-bottom component details page of the laptop you mentioned?

I'm just curious and want to see them for myself.

You can send it here, just blur out the serial number and SPN GUID.
Or I can create a case for you so that you can send it to us via email.

Posted Mon, 20 May 2024 21:05:49 GMT by tm_ace

Hi @davevt31 ,

Yup, I understand as a support. As I stated from a comment on this post, the concern has been noted.

The devs will look into this but I won't be able to guarantee. as mentioned, they have their reasons why they chose these terminologies.

Posted Mon, 20 May 2024 21:12:16 GMT by claudiubotezatu

@tm_ace​ 

Sir,

In the whole antimalware industry the "release date" is the date when the software/definition/patch was first available...

Only TM wants to twist this "definition"

Why can't you say, for once, "yes, is our mistake , will be corrected on the next update"???

Posted Mon, 20 May 2024 21:34:30 GMT by tm_ace

Yes, that's a very good point @claudiubotezatu . that's how almost, or perhaps all of them defines it.

But I am in no position to confirm that this is our mistake. just because TM devs decided to make a "twist" and is different doesn't mean it's a mistake,  right?

It's been that way for many many years now. it shows the date where the components was "released" in the user's devices.

Posted Mon, 20 May 2024 21:43:32 GMT by claudiubotezatu

@tm_ace​ 

OK then.

When my subscription expires I will "renew" it.

"Renew" is my terminology for cancel.

Posted Mon, 20 May 2024 22:01:29 GMT by tm_ace

I'm sorry @claudiubotezatu if it led us this way.

I thought the both of us are having a healthy conversation.

If ever the terminologies I used were anything offensive. I deeply apologize.

Posted Mon, 20 May 2024 22:26:59 GMT by claudiubotezatu

@tm_ace​ 

I was just joking....to highlight the significance of using common terminology in a conversation....

Posted Mon, 20 May 2024 22:53:39 GMT by tm_ace

Well, I fell for that joke didn't I? lol.

I literally took it as it is. having "twists" would be taken as a mistake. my bad.

Any way, let's agree to disagree. Glad I was able to have this conversation with you @claudiubotezatu .

You must be signed in to post in this forum.