🎉 Welcome to our new Trend Micro Community! Explore the new look! Read More

Posted Thu, 04 Jul 2024 04:26:02 GMT by tm_karl

Hi @yewhyin,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

This thread is set to private to safeguard personal information.

I've checked the existing support case here on our end and I've watched the short clip of the issue and noticed that the login page of the site is blinking, however there is only a portion of the screen on the clip so I cannot confirm if the UI of the Password Manager is blinking as well.

Have you tried other browsers to check if it has the same issue?

Can you provide the exact steps on how the issue is occurring on your end so we can try to reproduce it on our end?

For initial troubleshooting, you may try the steps below.

Turn off Block third-party cookies.

1. Open Google Chrome.
    2. Click ⋮ at the top right.
    3. Scroll down and click Settings.
    4. Click Privacy and security.
    5. Click Third-party cookies.
    6. If Block third-party cookies is selected, change it to either Allow third-party cookies or Block third-party cookies in Incognito mode.

You may also check How to automatically sign in to websites with Password Manager | Trend Micro Help Center

Note: Some websites implement their own security measures that prevent apps like Password Managers to function properly. This is very common on banking websites.

Can you also check if you have any Auto Refresh Extensions on your browser?

Thank you.

Posted Thu, 04 Jul 2024 10:15:45 GMT by yewhyin

@tm_karl​ The UI of the password manager is not blinking. Now it seems it blinked once and the ID and PW is loaded but it does not open the site, I have to click login. Having to click login is only for some sites and some don't load the ID and PW, I still have to manually do so. Is someone working on PwM maintenance now?

Posted Thu, 04 Jul 2024 10:18:41 GMT by yewhyin

BTW,

Block third-party cookies is changed to Block third-party cookies in Incognito mode and no effect at all.

Posted Thu, 04 Jul 2024 12:53:01 GMT by tm_chard

Hi @yewhyin,

It is still a normal behavior for Password Manager when it doesn't automatically login on some sites. This is because of how some websites are created. 

We also want to confirm if you're using an extension that auto refreshes the page and if the same issue happens on other browsers.

Posted Thu, 04 Jul 2024 18:13:42 GMT by tm_helen

Hi @yewhyin,

Please provide the URLs of the websites where automatic login isn't working so we can investigate their compatibility.

Since you mentioned you already uninstalled McAfee, please check if WebAdvisor by McAfee has also been removed. Ensure that the browser extension associated with it has been deleted as well.

Additionally, please follow these isolation steps:

1. Try using another browser such as Microsoft Edge or Firefox to see if the issue persists.
  2. Confirm that Chrome is up to date by clicking on the 3-dots > Help > About Google Chrome.
  3. Conduct a speed test while experiencing the issue and perform another one when the internet is functioning properly.

Please inform us of the outcome.

Posted Sat, 06 Jul 2024 10:15:59 GMT by yewhyin

PwM is loading but still cannot login automatically. The Settings/Others/Always sign into websites without asking already ticked

Some the many sites are:

https://www.fedex.com/secure-login/en-sg/#/login-credentials

https://ideal.dbs.com/loginSubscriberv2/login/pin

https://mydhl.express.dhl/sg/en/home.html#/createNewShipmentTab

You must be signed in to post in this forum.