🎉 Welcome to our new Trend Micro Community! Explore the new look! Read More

Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2024 18:35:55 GMT by bretparker64

Are you using the "Trend Micro Toolbar" extension?  If you are, it could be "Pay Guard" 

Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2024 19:23:25 GMT by John Carlo Sibayan

Hi @johnhlavender

Welcome to Trend Micro Users Community!

Is your Trend Micro Pay Guard set up to automatically open when accessing banking websites? If yes, the issue you have encountered could be happening because the Trend Micro Password Manager installed inside the Pay Guard is outdated.

You can replace the Password Manager extension with this version on the affected browser. Install the new extension from this link and then check if the issue still persists.

Please let us know how it goes!

Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2024 15:06:20 GMT by dickveik

@tm_klariz​ Hi. I have the same problem. I have checked for Trend Micro program updates and have the latest installed.

Since it still opens multiple tabs, I have also installed the patch.

"file: Ti_1780_win_en_uiProtectedBrowser_hfb1151.exe."

The patch did not work for me.

This only happens for the Bank of America website. This website is not listed in Trend Micro where I list websites that automatically open Pay Guard.

Thanks for the help

Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2024 18:36:15 GMT by tm_kimf

Hi @dickveik 

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community! 

Since you mentioned that you have tried to install the patch but it did not work, have you tried to disable the Trend Micro Password Manager inside of the Payguard?

If no, please follow the steps below:
1. Open the Payguard.

2. Click the Menu icon ( ⋮ ) in the upper-right corner, then select Extensions

3. Choose Manage Extensions.

4. Locate for the Trend Micro Password Manager extension, then click Remove

5. Check if the issue still persist

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more help.

Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2024 12:57:55 GMT by dickveik

Hello again. Thanks for the welcome.

Trend password manager is not listed as an extension in Payguard.

The issue still exists.

the only website that I have listed to automatically open Payguard is Amazon. 

I find it strange that it only happens when I go to the Bank of America website.

computers are strange sometimes…

Thank you for your help 

Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2024 13:52:28 GMT by dickveik

Oops, I just checked again.  The only website that I have selected to automatically open pay guard is Amazon. I just went to the Amazon website and it does the multiple opening of pay guard windows too.  Thanks again for the  help.

Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2024 15:01:56 GMT by Jasmin Joyce Cureg

Hi @dickveik,

Could you please provide us with the exact version of your Trend Micro program? Here are the instructions for your reference: How to Update Trend Micro Security and Antivirus on Windows | Trend Micro Help Center

Additionally, please try reinstalling/installing the Trend Micro Toolbar and Trend Micro Password Manager Extension on your Default browser and Pay Guard browser.

Here are the links for reference:

For Default Browser:

Trend Micro Toolbar - Install Trend Micro Toolbar on Windows Browsers: Step-by-Step Guide | Trend Micro Help Center

Password Manager Extension - Trend Micro Password Manager

For Pay Guard Browser:

Password Manager Extension - Trend Micro Password Manager

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more help.

Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2024 16:12:44 GMT by dickveik

HI.

The Trend Micro program version that I am running is:  17.8.1192

I removed both the Trend Micro extension and the Trend Micro pay guard extensions from Microsoft Edge and reinstalled the Trend Micro extension.

This seems to have worked. Now when I go to Bank of America or Amazon, only one pay guard window opens. 

Thank you for your help! I really appreciate it. 

Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2024 16:22:26 GMT by Jasmin Joyce Cureg

Hi @dickveik,

I'm glad reinstalling the Trend Micro extensions solved the issue with multiple Pay Guard windows.

Let us know if you need any more help.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.