🎉 Welcome to our new Trend Micro Community! Explore the new look! Read More

Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2024 22:53:55 GMT by maward7190

I also have this issue; am sick of it - very intrusive.

I'm browsing using Chrome; every 10 mins or so a new tab opens over the top and tells me Trend Micro is syncing.  If it is, it doesn't have to interrupt me to tell me!  If I close the tab, I don't get returned to the one I was using, but the one next to the closed Trend tab.    I'm using 'Trend micro maximum security' on a Windows 11 machine.

So can you pls advise how I stop the new tab opening and interrupting me?

Thank you.

Posted Thu, 01 Aug 2024 02:01:11 GMT by tm_klariz

@maward7190​,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community.

To fix the issue, you may try the following steps:

1. Kindly check if you're using the latest version of the Trend Micro program. To check the latest version, you may click here.
2. Restart the components of your Trend Micro program. For the step by step guide, you may click here.
3. Clear browser cache. 

Also, we would highly appreciate if you can send us a screenshot of the issue.

Hope this helps.

Posted Thu, 01 Aug 2024 02:27:07 GMT by maward7190

thanks.

I have the latest version. Before I go to the next lengths, I attach screenshots. The first one shows that a tab has opened over the top of what I was browsing and tells me a sync is underway. The second pic is a message that it has completed.

The problem is is that the new tab opens up in the foreground interrupting what I’m doing for an announcement that I don’t need to know about. And when it closes I’m not returned to the tab I was looking at, but the one immediately underneath. 

You can help me most by saying if this expected functionality? 

Abd then, in any case, is there a control where I can stop this occurring?

Thanks again.

Posted Thu, 01 Aug 2024 13:02:50 GMT by Jasmin Joyce Cureg

Hi @maward7190,

Thank you for the information. The message syncing process usually occurs during the installation of the Trend Micro Toolbar, when Trend Micro restarts, or upon turning on the device. 

Please ensure your browser and Trend Micro program are up to date. For instructions on checking the Trend Micro program, use this link: How to Update Trend Micro Security and Antivirus on Windows | Trend Micro Help Center

You might also try reinstalling the Trend Micro toolbar using this link: Install Trend Micro Toolbar on Windows Browsers: Step-by-Step Guide | Trend Micro Help Center

Hope this helps.

Posted Mon, 05 Aug 2024 05:26:29 GMT by maward7190

Thanks again.  So, answering my own questions, its not expected functionality and there is no control that will change it.

I have done all as suggested and it still occurs.  I then fixed it by permanently uninstalling the Trend Micro extension for Chrome.

Posted Mon, 05 Aug 2024 12:30:29 GMT by tm_chard

@maward7190

Just to confirm, was the issue happening on other browsers like Edge when the toolbar was installed? If you haven't check, can you help verify. You can check the link below on where to get the Toolbar for the browser

Install Trend Micro Toolbar on Windows Browsers: Step-by-Step Guide | Trend Micro Help Center

Also, can you help us check again, re-install the toolbar on Chrome and provide us the toolbar version and verify if the issue is still happening.

Thank you!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.