🎉 Welcome to our new Trend Micro Community! Explore the new look! Read More

Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2024 02:16:45 GMT by tm_Waj

Hi @Repata

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

Please make sure that you have the latest version of the Maximum Security which is 17.8. You can visit How to Update Trend Micro Security and Antivirus on Windows 

For isolation and for confirmation if Trend Micro is causing the issue, you may Temporarily disable protection on Windows and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps!

Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2024 09:16:47 GMT by Repata

Hello Waj! Thanks for the quick response, I've just checked my antivirus and I can confirm it is on version 17.8 and it has no updates available.

I also did what you said and disabled there antivirus, using the support tool which is included and pressing "stop modules", after doing this my browsing was normal and using windows defender I had no slowdown whatsoever.

Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2024 20:48:52 GMT by Ashnawey Didato

Hi @Repata 

Please ensure that your application version is 17.8.1192. If not, please visit this page: How to Upgrade Trend Micro Security and Antivirus on Windows | Trend Micro Help Center

Thank you. 

Posted Sun, 14 Apr 2024 14:39:27 GMT by Repata

@tm_ash​ It is On that exact version,   Can you please try and fix my issue i have updated my software, tried turning off modules and clearing Temporary files, clearing cookies and saved files and none of it has worked and it still is extrmely slow.

Posted Sun, 14 Apr 2024 14:41:10 GMT by Repata

@tm_ash

Here is A screenshot if necessary

Posted Sun, 14 Apr 2024 16:38:17 GMT by tm_klariz

@Repata​ May we know which browser is affected? Is it both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge? Also, have you tried to check if you're having the same issue on your other devices?

To resolve the issue, you may try the following steps:

1. Check if browser is updated to the latest version.
2. Make sure Trend Micro Toolbar is updated. To update the extension, click here.
3. If you have other extensions installed on the machine, try to disable it temporarily and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 14:40:57 GMT by Repata

@tm_klariz​ hello! Thanks for responding, Yes Both google chrome and microsoft edge are effected, however due to me mainly using google chrome and only using edge to see if it was a issue with google chrome , Ive updated the extension and i found that after disabling the extension my browsing was slightly faster.

Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 20:37:07 GMT by tm_helen

Hi @Repata,

Can you provide us a screenshot, or a list of extensions installed in your browsers - both Chrome and Edge?

Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2024 15:50:34 GMT by Repata

@tm_helen​ Hello Helen Ive attached  a screenshot of both of the browsers But  I disabled the extensions earlier and my browser Loaded the exact same as when they were enabled. I also disabled the antivirus temporarily And used windows defender which loaded Websites extremely fast

Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2024 16:34:31 GMT by John Carlo Sibayan

Hi @Repata​, 

Could we try isolating the issue by temporarily disabling Trend Micro? Please refer to the instructions on how to do this in the Trend Micro Help Center: How to Temporarily Disable Trend Micro Protection on Windows | Trend Micro Help Center

Once done, please let us know the outcome. Thank you!

Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2024 14:38:03 GMT by Repata

@tm_carlo​ Hello carlo! I Disabled my trend micro and since then my browsing has been extremely quick. However once i had reenabled Trend micro it was slow once again.

Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2024 19:59:48 GMT by John Carlo Sibayan

Hi @Repata​, 

To facilitate further troubleshooting, we kindly request your permission to perform additional steps. We will send you an email with contact details and ensure that this post is set to private for security purposes.

Please feel free to refer to this case number: TM-3667514-P6F4M2

Thank you for your cooperation. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.