🎉 Welcome to our new Trend Micro Community! Explore the new look! Read More

Posted Fri, 16 Feb 2024 10:54:10 GMT by t77bfp3ka

Smartphone VPN will be turned off I woke up in the morning and turned on the VPN. At noon, I turned it on and looked at it, but there was no pattern. I clicked on it and it was not turned on.

Posted Fri, 16 Feb 2024 10:54:10 GMT by t77bfp3ka

Smartphone VPN will be turned off I woke up in the morning and turned on the VPN. At noon, I turned it on and looked at it, but there was no pattern. I clicked on it and it was not turned on.

Posted Fri, 29 Mar 2024 02:06:53 GMT by tm_rica

Hi @t77bfp3ka,

We would like to ask for the following information:

Trend Micro Product: Mobile Security or VPN Proxy One Pro
Device used: 
Internet Connection: Wi-Fi or Data

In general for the VPN not to turn off, it only allows one VPN application to run per device. 

We'll wait for your reply. Thank you!

Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2024 20:13:52 GMT by tm_helen

Hi @lucybristow 

Welcome to Trend Micro Community!

To better address your concern, could you please provide us with further details?

1. What application are you using to access your email?
  2. Which device are you using?
  3. What operating system is installed on your device?
  4. What is the program version of Trend Micro Mobile Security that is installed?
  5. Have you encountered any notifications or error messages from the Mobile Security app?

If you're unable to describe the issue, could you please provide us with a screenshot?

Thank you!

Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2024 02:33:16 GMT by tm_caloy

Hi @aimeepaige18,

We are already aware of the issue and we are currently investigating this concern. We will notify you as soon as an update is ready. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2024 10:00:50 GMT by julzmurray88

I have the same issue but it isn’t just my 5g. I have had to turn off webguard to use any cellular data on my phone. Apps won’t load, websites won’t load etc with web guard on. I’m using iOS 17.4.1 and have deleted and reinstalled trend micro. Do we know what is causing this issue yet?

Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2024 10:04:37 GMT by aimeepaige18

No not sure what causing issue is. I deleted VPN off my phone for now as I couldn’t use anything or get any notifications. Since deleting it I can use my phone as normal 

Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2024 14:17:49 GMT by tm_helen

Hi @aimeepaige18 @julzmurray88 

Please avoid uninstalling the entire app, as it offers protection. Instead, kindly disable Web Guard temporarily while we investigate the issue. We'll keep you updated as we make progress.

Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2024 14:40:31 GMT by tm_helen

Hi @escapedayspa1 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We are currently investigating this concern and will need the following information. We will notify you as soon as an update is ready.

For the meantime, please turn off Web Guard so you can access the internet.

Regards,

Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2024 20:28:45 GMT by kingnatasha7

After spending hours troubleshooting with T-Mobile and Apple Support for my iPhone, it was discovered that it is the Web Guard VPN. Sadly, I had to turn it off in order to use any of my Apps or surf the internet.

If TrendMicro can fix this, that would be awesome.

Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2024 22:06:36 GMT by tm_luisa

Hi @kingnatasha7 

We are already aware of the issue and we are currently investigating this concern. We will notify you as soon as an update is ready. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2024 03:27:08 GMT by aimeepaige18

It wouldn’t allow me to turn it off temporarily. It kept turning itself back on. 

Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2024 04:08:22 GMT by Allen Malapit (TS-PH)

Hi @aimeepaige18,

Rest assured that we are already investigating this issue here on our end. Also, we will need the following information so that we can check the issue here on our end. Please provide the details below:

1. Mobile Security for iOS version
  2. iPhone/iPad Model:
  3. iOS version
  4. Affected Network Mode: (Wifi or Mobile Data)
    • ISP (Telstra, Optus, AT&T, Verizon)
    • Mobile Service Provider (Telstra, Optus, Vodafone)

Thank you very much!

Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2024 09:55:24 GMT by aimeepaige18

Not working still for me and my partner both have Telstra and Optus iOS version 17.4.1 mobile data iPhones 

Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2024 13:26:01 GMT by tm_chard

Hi @aimeepaige18 

Thank you for the information.

Can you also provide the Trend Micro Mobile Security version.

How to check if Trend Micro is in its latest version on iOS | Trend Micro Help Center

Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2024 21:16:24 GMT by tm_helen

Hi @aimeepaige18​ ,

Try to do it this way (not in phones/tablet settings).

1. Tap the Mobile Security app.
  2. Tap Web Guard.
  3. Then tap Turn off button to disable Web Guard.
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2024 21:52:57 GMT by aimeepaige18

We have already tried that 

Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2024 22:38:35 GMT by tm_helen

Hi @aimeepaige18 

Kindly check this link for any updates that will be announce regarding this issue.

Thank you.

Posted Thu, 02 May 2024 04:18:30 GMT by gertrudgevers

Yes I had the same problems. All of a sudden I could not use my apps anymore on data usage. Only on wifi. Had to go to the Apple Store and had it fixed. They told me this security was a waste of money as Apple is protected and their protection is very tight. It cost me $25 :(

Posted Thu, 02 May 2024 08:13:10 GMT by tm_karl

Hi @gertrudgevers,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced.

We understand that you sought assistance from Apple to address the issue, and we want to clarify that our team had already released a new version of Trend Micro Mobile Security for iOS: 11.2.1071. This update solves the problem from the previous version (11.2.1070) and reverts the changes made to Web Guard.

It's regrettable that this information wasn't communicated to you sooner, we regret any additional expense you may have incurred and any inconvenience this situation may have caused you.

If you have any further concerns or if there's anything else we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.