🎉 Welcome to our new Trend Micro Community! Explore the new look! Read More

Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2024 04:04:33 GMT by Allen Malapit (TS-PH)

Hi @guyebromley,

We are currently investigating this issue and will need the following information so that we can further check about this. Please provide the following:

1. iPhone/iPad Model:
  2. Affected Network Mode: (Wifi or Mobile Data)
    • ISP (Telstra, Optus, AT&T, Verizon)
    • Mobile Service Provider (Telstra, Optus, Vodafone)

Thank you very much!

Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2024 09:34:06 GMT by candl

We had this problem too 2 days ago. I’ve had to turn the VPN off on phone to get it to work on 4G/5G. 
we are both on iPhone 14 pro’s and Telstra and affected on mobile data. Wifi is working fine. 

Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2024 13:26:03 GMT by tm_chard

@candl 

Thank you for the information.

Can you also provide the Trend Micro Mobile Security version.

How to check if Trend Micro is in its latest version on iOS | Trend Micro Help Center

Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2024 21:35:21 GMT by candl

@tm_chard​ app version 11.2. 1070

We have still had to keep our VPN off now. So it’s going on 4 days now. 

Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2024 21:58:22 GMT by tm_helen

Hi @candl ,

We will be posting an update here once the investigation is finished. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2024 00:07:12 GMT by rossco08

Plenty of other Trend users are having the same problem…needs to be fixed urgently 

Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2024 00:08:12 GMT by rossco08

iPhone 8 on Telstra

Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2024 01:11:05 GMT by tm_Waj

Hi @rossco08

We're actively working to find a solution for this problem. Keep an eye on this link for any updates regarding this matter. 

Thank you.

Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2024 01:57:19 GMT by frank_vk6kfd

Hi. We are having a similar problem. iPhone 11 iOS 17.14.1. I have had to turn the VPN off as apps such as Flight Radar 24; app store and maps will not work. I have plenty of data on my 4G account and a good signal. Strangely MetroView works Ok but that is probably just dependent on the GPS and does not try and load external data. This is a recent problem, and also affects an iPhone 8 on ios 16.7.7.

Frank

Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2024 01:59:08 GMT by frank_vk6kfd

We are with Telstra. Works fine at home on our wireless network. Its only when relying on 4G.

Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2024 03:35:12 GMT by laurawatson81

Same here, the issue started on Wednesday 24th April. I’m on iPhone 15 Pro (iOS version 17.4.1) on Telstra 5G network, Trend Micro Mobile Security app version 11.2.1070. Everything works fine on wifi but not when using mobile data. It won’t let me turn off VPN in iPhone settings and I’ve tried resetting my network settings and nothing has resolved the issue. I’ve checked my phone data and still have plenty. I’m unable to use most of the apps on my phone if away from home / not on wifi.  It’s been 4 days and it’s extremely frustrating!! 

Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2024 04:52:00 GMT by tm_Waj

Hi @laurawatson81 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are currently investigating this concern.

For the meantime,
kindly turn off the Web Guard feature.

1. Tap the Mobile Security app.
  2. Tap Web Guard.
  3. Then tap Turn off button to disable Web Guard.

We will notify you as soon as an update is ready. You can also visit this link for any updates regarding this issue. 

Thank you!

Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2024 12:08:07 GMT by wledan

It’s Sat the 27th Apr in Perth WA and I’m having the same issue which has been ongoing since Wed also. Of note, I use an iPad with a trend Micro installed and connected to Aus VPN, and I DON’T have this issue. Seems it only happens on my iPhone.

Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2024 17:30:32 GMT by tm_helen

Hi @wledan @frank_vk6kfd 

Please visit this link for any updates regarding this issue.

Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2024 17:35:21 GMT by jim4398e7

Uninstalled and reinstalled Trend as instructed and Web Guard still not working??

Latest version utilized. You’ll be losing customers if the security feature for a security company isn’t rectified quickly. 

Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2024 17:43:09 GMT by tm_helen

Hi @jim4398e7​ 

Thank you for exploring the solution. As we await the fix, please disable Web Guard to ensure uninterrupted use of your mobile phone.

Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2024 09:01:16 GMT by famillefredcolin

Hello

Since the last update it is impossible to use website protection with cellular data. I had to deactivate this feature on my phone and my daughter's phone. We are with Orange and Bouygues(French companies)Note there is no problem when using the wifi network. It is only for the cellular network. It’s a bit of a shame not to be able to use Waze or Citymapper with cellular data😟

iphone 15 Pro and iPhone 13max

Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2024 16:54:01 GMT by tm_z

Hi @famillefredcolin ,

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Rest assured we're actively working to address this matter.

Feel free to read our updates here.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2024 05:15:11 GMT by ianhelena3

I have the same problem 

Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2024 07:03:07 GMT by iabonde1961

I have an iPhone 15 pro max and have contacted Apple and Telstra and both of them have trouble shoot various things.  Eventually I worked out that it is Trend not letting mobile data be used with the VPN on.  If I go out I have to turn it off so that I can use mobile data... isn't this counter intuitive because it is then when you are out that you want it to be on?? I see there are lots of people with the same issue.. so yes it needs to be fixed urgently.  Telstra & Apple said they are getting numerous calls with this same issue.  Puts me off renewing my subscription so please provide an update soon.. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.