🚨 Trend Micro Community is undergoing maintenance. You can still view existing posts, but posting new ones may not be possible.
Need help with your Trend Micro product?Visit Trend Micro Help Center.

Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2024 13:44:50 GMT by

+
I contacted technical support and they did not provide me with any new solution! I used a troubleshooting tool that does nothing but waste time!

Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2024 03:01:41 GMT by Ma. Klariz Joy of Trend Micro
Hi, 

We're sorry to hear that you're still having issues with your Trend Micro program. As mentioned on this thread, the issue is already under investigation and our team is actively working on a fix. We are committed to resolving it as quickly as possible.

We understand how important this is for you, and we appreciate your patience during this time. As soon as the fix becomes available, we will inform you immediately.

Thank you for your understanding and support. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Trend Micro Consumer Support.
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2024 22:45:26 GMT by Mir Stocks
Why is there no email support, only chat?

I am having the same issue. Will we be getting some of our fee back for this?
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2024 04:33:02 GMT by
I have the same problem, I reinstalled and it's still the same.This has been happening for days. When will it be fixed?
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2024 12:26:24 GMT by Richard TM_Richard
Hi,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you by this issue.

As mentioned previously our team is already working on a permanent fix to resolve the issue and as soon as the fix becomes available, we will inform you immediately.

Thank you for your understanding and support. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Trend Micro Consumer Support.
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2024 18:10:19 GMT by
Why would anyone click a text link (even if hovering over it with a cursor to see the actual link URL shows it _appears_ to be a valid Trend Micro website) and then let someone download files to you computer? This 'temporary' solution violates basic computer security. Trend Micro's reps commenting on these posts should be instructed by someone in the company to use a more convincing message rather than simply repeating the same questionable statement. Failing to do so just reinforces my suspicions about this suggestion we reach out to Trend Micro Support.
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2024 13:27:23 GMT by Rochelle Mae tm_rochelle

Hi, 

I’m sorry for any inconvenience, as much as we want to share the temporary steps here, but to prevent any potential issues or errors, it’s important that our technical support team carries out the necessary steps. We appreciate your understanding and will keep you informed about the situation as soon as the fix is implemented.

Thank you for your patience.

Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2024 03:52:40 GMT by Rochelle Mae tm_rochelle

Hi Everyone, 

We’ve developed a hotfix for the issue of Trend Micro crashing during updates. You can install the hotfix and follow the steps provided in this link: Trend Micro Crashes During Updates: How to Fix | Trend Micro Help Center

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Trend Micro Consumer Support.

Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2024 05:41:34 GMT by StanStan
Hi Rochelle Mae tm_rochelle,

the first hotfix doesn’t resolve the issue, the second hotfix does.

Thank You.

Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2024 07:05:08 GMT by Rochelle Mae tm_rochelle
Hi StanStan,

Thank you for the update. 

Let us know if you need further assistance. Have a great day!

Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2024 14:37:12 GMT by
Rochelle Mae tm_rochelle

Your Hotfix file didn't solve the issue!

Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2024 12:14:00 GMT by Jasmin Joyce of Trend Micro
Hi, 

Since you've followed the hotfix instructions, please try updating the Trend Micro program again. If the issue still persists, kindly follow the instructions in this link instead: Unable to Install Update Error in Trend Micro Security on Windows | Trend Micro Help Center.

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Trend Micro Consumer Support.

Hope this helps. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.