🚨 Trend Micro Community is undergoing maintenance. You can still view existing posts, but posting new ones may not be possible.
Need help with your Trend Micro product?Visit Trend Micro Help Center.

Posted Fri, 04 Oct 2024 12:41:49 GMT by B
says installing an update constantly randomly turns off and on and syncs to chrome
Posted Fri, 04 Oct 2024 20:37:35 GMT by
help! Trend Micro servers are hacked!!
Posted Fri, 04 Oct 2024 20:38:48 GMT by
LOS SERVICIOS DE TREND MICRO HAN SIDO HACKEADOS

https://www.darkreading.com/cyber-risk/trend-micro-anti-virus-site-hacked
Posted Sun, 06 Oct 2024 00:38:41 GMT by Helen _TM

Hello,

Please open the main console and click on "Latest Protection." Let us know what you find. If there’s an issue, check the program version and operating system.

Regarding the hacked server, could you provide more details about the incident?

Este sitio web se remonta al año 2008.
https://www.darkreading.com/cyber-risk/trend-micro-anti-virus-site-hacked

Estos KB pueden ayudarlo a identificar dispositivos pirateados.

Cómo saber si su dispositivo está pirateado
https://helpcenter.trendmicro.com/en-us/article/tmka-19393#:~:text=Whether%20you're%20using%20a%20Mac,%20Windows%20PC,

Entender el pirateo: detectar, detener y prevenir ataques
https://helpcenter.trendmicro.com/en-us/article/tmka-12110#:~:text=Evite%20el%20pirateo%20con%20Trend%20Micro.%20Cómo%20
Posted Sun, 06 Oct 2024 01:47:19 GMT by B
Program version 17.8
clicked on latest goes to downloading then installing then closes window then syncing then back to updating
Posted Sun, 06 Oct 2024 18:28:14 GMT by billvideo
I have the same issue, every 10 minutes or so, it says installing update, removes protection, then restarts protection and asks to re-load the browser. Very annoying.
I spent 2 hours on the phone with support and nothing has changed.
What is going wrong with this software?
Do I need to source another software designer once my subscription expires?
Posted Sun, 06 Oct 2024 18:35:19 GMT by billvideo
When I check my program version it says 17.8.1121 and it immediately updates. It took me 2 tries to get the version number because it just wants to update? 
Why is it continually updating?
Why is Micro Trend not helping solve this issue?
This started a couple of weeks ago and has persisted.
I cannot get my work done promptly and effectively.
Posted Sun, 06 Oct 2024 18:38:47 GMT by billvideo
Also, when I try to sign in for the help page, it says Page unavailable! 
This is becoming unacceptable!
Please provide support and a solution.
Posted Tue, 08 Oct 2024 04:13:23 GMT by
I am having the same issue.  When I go to "latest protection".  It starts a download, then says installing, then closes and restarts.  If I go back to latest protection, the process repeats.  I am on version 17.8.1121.  I have tried reinstalling and repairing windows.  SFC reports no integrity violations.  Windows is up to date. Windows 11 23H2 Build 22631.4249
Posted Tue, 08 Oct 2024 12:40:14 GMT by Richard TM_Richard
Hi

We apologize for the inconvenience these has caused you.

We are already aware and currently investigating the issue, we were provided a temporary workaround fix and is planning to release a permanent fix around November.
For the temporary workaround, you can contact our phone support so we can provide the patch.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Posted Wed, 09 Oct 2024 00:38:05 GMT by J.
facing the same issue keeps saying there's a problem connecting to the internet but still connects anyway to download and install update then after that keeps failing and telling me there's a problem with the internet.
Posted Wed, 09 Oct 2024 04:06:30 GMT by
I am facing the same issue.  i see above that you plan a fix "around November."  This is unacceptable as the program keeps trying to sync with the browser and then error messages pop up.  It is interrupting my work.  I also see that you say there is a patch that we need to call for.  You did not provide a phone number.
Posted Wed, 09 Oct 2024 11:59:37 GMT by Rochelle Mae tm_rochelle
Apologies for the inconveniences, you may want to contact our phone support so we can provide the patch that needs to be downloaded on your device.

For real-time support, you may go to this link to see the options: Contact Support | Trend Micro Help Center
Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2024 10:33:24 GMT by
Anti Virus keeps updating every 5 minutes. I have tried stopping all services, deleting and starting all services again and nothing. Keeps updating in a constant loop. I have reinstalled 3 times now to no avail. Version 17.8.1121. If that helps.
Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2024 12:10:42 GMT by Jasmin Joyce of Trend Micro

Hi Everyone, 

We’ve developed a hotfix for the Trend Micro crashing issue during updates. You can install the hotfix and follow the steps in this link.Trend Micro Crashes During Updates: How to Fix | Trend Micro Help Center

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Trend Micro Consumer Support.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Posted Mon, 21 Oct 2024 16:30:11 GMT by

Finally the program is working as intended. Thank you!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.