🎉 Welcome to our new Trend Micro Community! Explore the new look! Read More

Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2024 07:31:54 GMT by joybells818

I am an older person. Do I have a Trend safety policy on my account? Please advise.

Joy Marshall

Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2024 08:52:26 GMT by efa11547

Yet another issue caused from insufficient testing of software updates. Come on TrendMicro, we expect better than this for our hard earned money!!

Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2024 09:37:38 GMT by whitejv

Can someone please tell me where to find "About the Software" as I can see nothing on any of the screens that are available for Trend!

Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2024 09:50:54 GMT by telboy911

Good customer support, well done Trend Micro!

Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2024 09:53:52 GMT by chrisathomsen

I found it on the Main Console, as a link under the round avatar in the shape of a person in the top right corner.  

Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2024 12:33:19 GMT by tm_prima

Hi @joybells818​, 

Welcome to Trend Micro Community.

To check if your device are protected by Trend Micro, take a look on your desktop icons if you will see Trend Micro Logo and open it by clicking the icon. To make sure that you are in the latest version, you will see the "Human Icon" on the upper right part of the Trend Micro window and once you open it follow the steps below: 

1.  Click "About the Software" to check for the latest update.
  2.  After updating, verify that the new version is 17.8.1192.
  3. Test to see if the issue has been resolved and application performance has improved.

Please let us know how it goes. 

Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2024 12:38:42 GMT by tm_prima

Hi @efa11547​ 

We understand your frustration and apologize for any inconvenience caused by the issue that arise from the previous update of the software. We strive to deliver the highest quality products and services to our valued customers like you. Rest assured, we are actively working to address this issue and improve our testing processes to meet your expectations. Your input helps us improve, and we appreciate your continued support

Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2024 12:46:52 GMT by tm_prima

Hi @whitejv,

We appreciate your interests to make sure that your software is in the latest update. From the instructions and screenshot of @chrisathomsen  we positively sure that you were able to update your software. 

Hi @chrisathomsen,

We want to express our sincere gratitude for your assistance. Your support made a significant difference. Keep it up!

Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2024 12:47:39 GMT by tm_prima

Hi @telboy911​, 

This is appreciated! Thank you and we do hope that you were able to update your software too!

Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2024 12:57:16 GMT by bbstage

Every day my Office 365 apps stop working and say my credentials have expired and I need to sign in.  I am signed in but that doesn't solve the problem and then I get a message about authentication protocols. I have cleared the credential manager as Microsoft suggested but that doesn't work.  This happens every day at 2:00 pm.  Could the problem with Trend be causing it?

Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2024 16:08:28 GMT by John Carlo Sibayan

Hi @bbstage,

I am certain that Trend Micro Security doesn't interfere with Microsoft apps and accounts. However, if you want to check if it's causing the issue, try temporarily disabling Trend Micro and see if the problem persists.

Please follow the instructions in this article to know How to Temporarily Disable Trend Micro Protection on Windows

Let us know how it goes. 

Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2024 16:10:37 GMT by John Carlo Sibayan

Hi @terryebke​, 

Yes, that is correct. The update should happen automatically. However, if you'd like to check whether you've received the update, please follow the instructions provided in this post.

Thank you!

Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2024 19:19:07 GMT by psouhrada

I have updated my software and Scansnap still does not open to scan. 

Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2024 21:02:46 GMT by bbstage

No problems with Microsoft today after the update.

Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2024 02:55:41 GMT by tm_vince

Hi @psouhrada,

We already rolled out the Auto Update for the Trend Micro Antivirus version (17.8.1192). May I ask if you have the same version as well? If not please update to the latest version, you can refer on the link below as a guide in how to trigger the update:

https://helpcenter.trendmicro.com/en-us/article/tmka-18640

Will be waiting for your reply.

Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2024 03:53:56 GMT by psouhrada

I installed the update and it seems to work this time; however once before I thought it was fixed. The opening screen kept demanding the update but it would never show the SCAN screen (Scan to folder; Scan to email, etc). Let's see if it works again next time

Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2024 04:52:23 GMT by efa11547

@joybells818​ They leave a lot to be desired. Too many patches and fixes in their software. MAKES ONE WONDER HOW GOOD THEIR EXPENSIVE PROGRAME  REALLY IS!!! And more addon features appearing that they want to charge extra for.

Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2024 05:05:36 GMT by efa11547

Trend Should of shown that screen shot in the first place instead of " you will see the "Human Icon" on the upper right part of the Trend Micro window".

The usual confusing replies we as customers get when trying to solve an issue. Pretty poor when a customer has to explain how to do it!!

Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2024 05:10:09 GMT by efa11547

@telboy911​ They can't even see that a customer had to supply a screenshot to explain the problem in a non confusing way. So much for the EXPERTS !!!

Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2024 08:03:54 GMT by efa11547

@joybells818​ They leave a lot to be desired. Too many patches and fixes in their software. MAKES ONE WONDER HOW GOOD THEIR EXPENSIVE PROGRAME  REALLY IS!!! And more addon features appearing that they want to charge extra for.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.