🎉 Welcome to our new Trend Micro Community! Explore the new look! Read More

Posted Fri, 04 Oct 2024 14:07:25 GMT by

Hi, Trend Micro internet security keeps ask me to restart my browser "Firefox" every few minutes to install the new updates but after restart the Firefox the message appears again..... and some time I get Windows alert message asks me to turn on antivirus... and when I shutdown my pc.... windows says "Trend micro updating" shutdown / Cancel"
I re-installed Trend Micro but still get the same messages.

Posted Fri, 04 Oct 2024 14:10:50 GMT by
This solution didn't help:
  1. Press Windows  + R to open the "Run" window.
  2. Type supporttool.exe and click OK.
  3. Click Yes on the User Account Control window to proceed.
  4. In the "Diagnostic Toolkit", click the (C) Uninstall tab.
  5. Select 5. Stop all components.
  6. Wait for the Trend Micro icon to disappear from the notification area.
  7. To reactivate, open the Diagnostic Toolkit, navigate to (C) Uninstall and select 4. Start all components.
After performing the steps above, please try to update Trend Micro again.
Posted Fri, 04 Oct 2024 22:29:06 GMT by

Now it says Unable to Connect to Trend Micro

I have no problems connecting to the internet or any program that blocks the connection of Trend micro.

Posted Sat, 05 Oct 2024 00:26:48 GMT by love2rvcamp
I really hope they can offer you help because mine is doing the same thing.  Frustrating. 
Posted Sat, 05 Oct 2024 02:05:12 GMT by Dogged
Yes Mine is doing exactly the same. Despite going through the motions and messages of updating it tells me the last update was back on 30 September if that helps any troubleshooters. 
Posted Sat, 05 Oct 2024 13:24:01 GMT by Kim Frederick tm_kim
Hi

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. We are aware of this issue and our team is doing an investigation to resolve the issue immediately. There is currently no set timeframe for the fix's delivery, however we will provide an update on this matter as soon as it is implemented.

You may also contact our Technical Support Team if you need further assistance.
Contact Support | Trend Micro Help Center

Thank you for your understanding.
Posted Sun, 06 Oct 2024 08:02:40 GMT by Dogged

OK. This afternoon the Trend Micro Maximum Security app would not even load. Tried uninstalling it using the Windows tools but it would not let me as it thought it was in the middle of an update. So I got onto my installer app and hit install. Naturally it indicated I already had the latest version. But I told it to reinstall anyway. It successfully uninstalled the existing installation but the restart involved a very long fixing of Drive C:. It was as if the TM had been holding it back as I had a couple of messages it was scanning and fixing Drive C; on start up but it did not go through the long fix it just did.

After restarting it reinstalled the TM software and it now seems to be operating properly and showing today as the last update. Hopefully it will continue to operate properly as I normally do not have any problems while it does its thing in the background. Don't know if any of this helps the techies but thought it worth sharing.

BTW throughout all of this the TM software had no problems on our laptop, just on this computer so it would seem something clashing on the computer side rather than the server side.

Hoping everybody gets sorted because overall it seems a very good and robust product.

Posted Sun, 06 Oct 2024 12:59:37 GMT by Richard TM_Richard
Hi Dogged,

Thank you for sharing your experience about the issue. It's good to hear that you were able to resolve it after doing a reinstallation.
Posted Mon, 07 Oct 2024 09:25:38 GMT by

Hi, Will you fix this before I go crazy?

Posted Mon, 07 Oct 2024 10:43:27 GMT by Inzult
Yes! This is getting really annoying to deal with as it keeps popping up with Windows Defender saying I need to take action. I hope this fix is out ASAP!
Posted Mon, 07 Oct 2024 13:03:28 GMT by Rochelle Mae tm_rochelle

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We will update you on the situation as soon as the fix is in place. In the meantime, feel free to reach out to our Technical Support team for assistance. They can guide you through steps to resolve the issue, including uploading Trend Micro files to resolve the issue on your device if you wish to address it while waiting for the update.

Here’s how to reach our support team:

Contact Support | Trend Micro Help Center

Posted Wed, 09 Oct 2024 13:38:41 GMT by StanStan
Please fix this soon.
My PC ist without any protection.
Posted Wed, 09 Oct 2024 15:28:27 GMT by Rochelle Mae tm_rochelle

Hi StanStan

We’re aware of the issue and are actively investigating it. Our team is committed to resolving it as quickly as possible. We have a temporary workaround available and plan to release a permanent fix in November. For the temporary solution, please contact our phone support so we can help you download the patch onto your device.

For real-time support, you may go to this link to see the options: Contact Support | Trend Micro Help Center

Posted Wed, 09 Oct 2024 23:35:58 GMT by JoPo
Hello,
I am having the same issues as above:
-Unable to connect to Trend Micro
-Program randomly restarts
-Program will say it's downloading update but then shuts down and restarts.
I see the post above by Rochelle about contacting support.  What are your exact steps?  All I can find about phone support when following the link requires a premium payment.  First, I am not paying an additional fee to get your program working correctly.  Second, there are no other options to contact you to find out about this temporary workaround, which you should post clearly here since the permanent fix is a month away.  Too long in my opinion.  Please reply with steps to take so we can get protection active and our systems will not be vulnerable.  Thank you.
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2024 05:39:17 GMT by StanStan
Hi Rochelle Mae tm_rochelle,
please publish the temporary workaround in this forum.
Thank you.
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2024 08:35:58 GMT by
As JoPo said,

First, I am not paying an additional fee to get your program working correctly
Second, there are no other options to contact you to find out about this temporary workaround, which you should post clearly here since the permanent fix is a month away.  Too long in my opinion.  Please reply with steps to take so we can get protection active and our systems will not be vulnerable.  Thank you.

Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2024 13:39:52 GMT by Jasmin Joyce of Trend Micro
Hi,

We'll update you as soon as the fix is available.

For the temporary solution, please feel free to contact our Technical Support Team. Here’s the link: Contact Support | Trend Micro Help Center
Posted Fri, 11 Oct 2024 06:08:41 GMT by
Hello Trend Micro, What's going on?
I am having the same issues as everybody else above:
Unable to connect to Trend Micro and update?
Support suggestions and recommendations don't work !!

Has anyone got a solution ??

What's the protection solution offered in the meantime? Will Trend Micro cover my time and expense for portable expansion drives ?

As a matter of urgency PLEASE ADVISE when will this be resolved at no expense to me ??

Hogie 

Posted Fri, 11 Oct 2024 12:17:43 GMT by Jasmin Joyce of Trend Micro
Hi,

For the meantime, as mentioned above, please reach out to our Technical Support Team so we can check your device and provide a temporary solution. Here’s the link: Contact Support | Trend Micro Help Center

Thank you for your understanding.
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2024 13:43:10 GMT by

Please stop ask us to contact support !
You should solve the problem as soon as possible or publish the solution method for everyone and not ask customers to contact you individually!!!!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.